September 12th, 2014
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
Effective date: April 14, 2003
We understand that health information about you and your health is personal. We are committed to protecting health information about you. We create a record of the care and services you receive from us. We need this record to provide you with quality care and to comply with certain legal requirements. This Notice applies to all of the records of your care generated by this office, whether made by your personal doctor or others working in this office. This notice will tell you about the ways in which we may use and disclose health information about you. We also describe your rights to the health information we keep about you, and describe certain obligations we have regarding the use and disclosure of your health information.
We are required by law to:
- Make sure that health information that identifies you is kept private
- Give you this Notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to health information about you; and
- Follow the terms of the Notice that is currently in effect.
How we may use and disclose health information about you:
- For treatment
- For payment
- For health care operations
- For appointment reminders
- As required by Law
- To avert a serious threat to health and safety
- As required by the Military or Veterans and Workers Compensation
- Public Health risks
- Health oversight activities
- Lawsuits and disputes
- Law enforcement
- Coroners, health examiners and funeral directors
- National Security and Intelligence activities
- Protective Services for the President and others
- Security Officials for Inmates
Your rights regarding Health Information about you:
- Right to Inspect and copy
- Right to Amend
- Right to an Accounting of Disclosures
- Right to Request Restrictions
- Right to Request Confidential Communications
- Right to a Paper copy of this Notice ( full Notice is available upon request )
Changes to this Notice:
We reserve the right to change this Notice. We will post a copy of the current notice in our facility with the current effective date on the first page.
The persons shown in photographs on this website are stock photography models (Models) and are not actual patients of, nor are they affiliated with, Samuel S. Koo MD MPH, Samuel S. Koo MD MPH’s direct and indirect parent companies, subsidiaries, or subsidiaries of its parent companies (“Affiliates”). Samuel S. Koo MD MPH or Samuel S. Koo MD MPH’s Affiliates, have obtained the rights to use the photographs via license agreements with certain third party stock photography companies, and Samuel S. Koo MD MPH or Samuel S. Koo MD MPH’s Affiliates use of the photographs is in compliance with the terms of those license agreements.
The photographs showing the Models are used on this website for illustrative purposes only. The Models do not personally endorse Samuel S. Koo MD MPH, or any products, services, causes, or endeavors associated with, or provided by, Samuel S. Koo MD MPH or any of Samuel S. Koo MD MPH’s Affiliates. The context in which the photographs are used on this website is not intended to reflect personally on any of the Models shown in the photographs. Samuel S. Koo MD MPH, Samuel S. Koo MD MPH’s Affiliates, their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and/or independent contractors assume no liability for any consequence relating directly or indirectly to the use of the photographs showing the Models on this website.